Friday, June 22, 2012

PIMPLE PROBLEMS?

Hello Girls,

Let's talk about pimples.

Believe it or not, I used to have A LOT of zits, very much like Miley in this pic.  But one single thing that your Lola Moy told me gradually helped me have a clear facial complexion. Nope, its not an infomercial product, there was no Pro-Activ or Justin Bieber endorser during that time. ;)

You Lola Moy told me to minimize my hand's contact with sensitive areas of my face (where you usually get pimples). And use a gentle soap. These 2 things actually worked for me. And maybe will work with you too.
Why? Here are the reasons:

Your hands are very dirty, and putting any sort of pressure with them (whether a simple touch or brush) on your facial skin can easily transfer the bacteria. It will also tend to compact (push-in) the dirt into your pores. So when your skin secretes its natural oils, it gets all clogged up and the bacteria will initiate the infection, resulting in a zit.

Using a strong soap strips your skin of its natural protective oils. This will leave you with open pores that can be easily exploited by bacteria. Also, by contiuously stripping these natural oils from your facial skin, it will lose its flexibility faster. Making you look older than your age.

My Daily Skin Care Regimen

I start the day with just a splash of water and gently wipe off the water with my towel. And when I take my morning bath, I dont really put soap on my face, I just rinse whatever shampoo I used from it ( I dont use strong shampoos, hair gets irritated).

During the day, I remove excess oils (if necessary) from my face by gently wiping it with soft tissue. I sometimes dampen it with distilled/drinking water to help remove surface dirt. Sometimes I splash water first, to remove grainy dust. This is when I'm in high-dust environs....

At night, when I get home, I just again splash some water to freshen up, wiping with some tissue this time (so my towel wont get dirty with road grime). When I take my bath before sleep, that's the only time I soap my face. With either Ivory, or Dove. I sometimes use Sulfur soap. These I've proven, won't easily cause my skin to dry, unlike Safeguard and similar products. I dont like the idea of Anti-Bac body soaps. One tip- if it smells too strong (like perfume), its probably very irritating for sensitive skin.

Some Important Tips:

- Do not pop your zit, its what many dermas say. They also say this is the reason why our pores get bigger as we age. Me? I sometimes pop em. Well, I am a guy. ;)

- DO NOT USE ASTRINGENTS! YOU WILL REGRET IT. Most are very aggressive, and will destroy your skin's natural protection. Its biological balance. This is caused by the daily 'stripping' that the astringents do. DO NOT BE FOOLED BY THE ADS. These products will age your skin drastically. You have been warned.

- Cut or bind your hair away from your face if it seems its the culprit with your skin irritation. I used to have long hair so I used a hair-band.... YES, I USED TO HAVE A LOT OF HAIR. >(

- Always make sure your hands are clean. We're sometimes not conscious that we're touching our faces.

- AVOID STRESS - Do things in advance so you wont have to cram (guilty). Avoid offending people, think before you open your gab. Arguments are very stressful. And so not fun. Besides, wouldn't you rather have friends than enemies? If you're stressed anyway, go to your quiet space and breath deeply, eyes closed and imagine your fave peaceful scenery. Mine's a quiet beach during sunset. This thing will not only do wonders for your skin, but for your overall health and spirituality.

- SLEEP WELL - People who have less sleep develop more zits than the well rested.

- EAT WELL - Research on the net on what foods are good for the skin. You will find that these are mostly veggies. Veggies not only contain skin-supportive nutrients, they also do a good job of carrying away the toxins in our body when they "exit" our system.

- Almost forgot, DRINK PLENTY OF H20, especially if you're active. It will flush the toxins from your body. reducing your chances for zit production. ;)

- SWEAT IT OUT. REGULARLY - Exercise helps you get rid of toxins. Sweat clears the pores of bad shit. HIIT is better than long drawn exercise like jogging. A short furious bout at the gym or doing home/bodyweight exercises are much better. Endurance sports are often bad for the heart.

That's it for now. If you follow most, if not all of the stuff I shared with you here, its likely you will have better skin than not. One that you will keep til you're older.

Again, go back and re-read this. I may add something sometime or you may just be forgetting something... Or you can add in the com-sec below...

Again, Love You Girls With All My Heart...

Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment